Who we are
We are Simply Me, an online shop with hosted on www.simplyme.co.ke. We (simply Me) are the data “controller”, which means we are responsible for deciding how and why your personal information is used. We’re also responsible for making sure it is kept safe, secure and handled legally. We operate to the highest standards when protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy
- Right of access – You have the right to request a free copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Right to rectification – If you think any of your personal information that we hold is inaccurate, you have the right to request it is updated. We may ask you for evidence to show it is inaccurate.
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) and the Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to request that we stop processing, or delete, all of your personal information that we hold. If you exercise this right we will keep a note of your name linked to your request and it won’t prevent us from processing any new information you provide to us subsequently.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to ask us to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a machine readable format.
- Rights with regards to automated decision making, including profiling – We sometimes use your personal information to make decisions by automated means. This involves us analyzing your account activity including applications, orders, payments etc. We do this to confirm your identity, prevent and detect crime, and lend responsibly. This automated decision making is necessary if you would like to continue to shop with us online. You have a right to reject automated decisions but it may mean that you will not be able to shop on our online store.
- Right to withdraw Consent – Where we are relying on your consent for processing you can withdraw or change your consent at any time.
The lawful bases we use to process data
We will only ever process your information if we have a lawful basis to do so. The lawful bases we rely on are;
- Contract – This is where we process your information to fulfil a contractual arrangement we have made with you.
- Consent – This is where we have asked you to provide explicit permission to process your data for a particular purpose
- Legitimate Interests – This is where we rely on our interests as a reason for processing, generally this is to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way.
- Legal Obligation – This is where we have a statutory or other legal obligation to process the information, such as for the investigation of crime or to meet responsible lending criteria
The information we collect and how we use it
To process any orders that you place with us and to facilitate any returns (Contract)
- We take payment details to process payment for any credit or debit card orders you place with us. We share these details with our chosen payment processors. (for example Safaricom, DPO, Paypal, Visa etc)
- We use your account information plus your chosen delivery address details to; deliver your purchases and keep you informed of their status, and to process any returns.
- Our chosen payment processors store your payment card details at your request to speed up your checkout in the future.
To provide you with access to an account (Contract)
- To register an account with us we capture information such as your name, date of birth, contact and delivery information, and a password to protect your account (account information). We use the same information on an ongoing basis to manage and provide secure access to your account, and provide you with the services you request.
We use purchase history and payment history, along with your account information, on a cyclical basis to manage your credit facility with us.
- We use your account information, purchase history, payment history and third party information to collect and recover money that is owed to us should your account fall into arrears. Please see section on Third Parties we share data with and receive data from for more information
To personalize and improve your experience when you shop (Legitimate Interest)
- We keep a record of how you interact with our website and any marketing you are exposed to, we use this data, along with purchase history, demographics, account information and third party information, to show you products and offers that we think you will be most interested in and to tailor your experience.
- We use your account information, information on the devices you use to access our sites and your interactions with us to operate personalized features across our websites, apps and communications.
To inform you about products and services that may interest you (Legitimate Interest)
- We use technologies such as cookies within digital marketing networks, ad exchanges and social media networks such as Facebook’s Custom Audience to get relevant marketing messages across to you and other customers. We share aggregated and anonymized information about the customer segments we are interested in reaching with advertising partners, so they can focus on showing adverts to those who are most likely to be interested in our products, services and offers, and to prevent them showing you irrelevant or repetitive advertisements.
To keep in touch with you (Legitimate Interest)
- When you register for an account and shop with us we start to keep you up to date with news of products and services including store events, offers, promotions and Sale information, unless you tell us you don’t want us to through your account or using the link in every email that we send to you.
- When we send you communications we use records of how you interact with our website and any other marketing we’ve sent to you, along with purchase history, to tailor the messages to include information you are most likely to be interested in.
- We use your account information to notify you about important service messages, such as material changes to this policy, product recalls or information about your account.
How Long we keep it for
We keep your personal information as long as you are a customer of ours and generally for seven years afterwards to comply with legal requirements. During that time we take steps to remove any personal data as soon as we no longer need it.
We consider you a customer for 2 years from the point you last made a purchase from our website.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us, we will be happy to respond.